So yes, its the dead of winter right now. Yes, it’s about 2°F outside my house. Yes, there’s about 3ft of snow on the ground and they are expecting another foot this weekend. That doesn’t mean I can’t treat myself to a summer cocktail to try and trick my mind to thinking summer is just around the corner. I used Sap House Meadery Hopped Blueberry Mead for this, but feel free to substitute with another blueberry mead – I bet Kuhnhenn Blueberry Melomel would work great as well. I used St. George Botanivore Gin for this. It has a good amount of herbaceous flavor described as a “Meadow in bloom” – perfect companion to the honey-wine.
This is a great refreshing cocktail with a nice balance of botanicals, fruitiness and ginger kick. I can’t wait until I can sip one of these on my patio in the hot summer sun!
- 3 oz Sap House Meadery Hopped Blueberry Maple Mead
- 1.5 oz Gin
- 6 oz Ginger Beer
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine the mead, gin, and lime juice in a glass with a healthy serving of ice.
- Pour the ginger beer over the alcohol and garnish with the blueberries.
- Enjoy in the summer (or winter) sun (or snow).
Leave a Comment